Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A Night Off

I'm going to do something today that I didn't do nearly enough of last year, and I'm taking a night off (yes, before the season's even begun) from writing about basketball. It's been a long week at work, I haven't had a chance to fully peruse my new copy of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook, and I've had my copy of Season 1 of the White Shadow on DVD just sitting idle next to the TV since Friday. And if you know how much I love The White Shadow, the fact that it is sitting untouched tells you something about my week. So tonight's about learning from the wisdom of Kenny Reeves. I'll be back with a Marquette-Michigan Tech update by Friday morning, but for now, the coach awaits.

Oh, and before I go, I wanted to let people know that I appreciated the feedback on my commentary on the NBA. I got lots of intelligent comments and emails both agreeing and disagreeing with me. Perhaps the point that I appreciated most, however, came from a gentleman by the name of Meatwad who noted in my comments section that the constant playing of music cues during NBA games is another reason to hate the league. I couldn't agree more, and am kicking myself for failing to include this point, which has historically been one of my top-3 pet peeves about NBA games. I know I had this thought at the game, and forgot to write it down later. So thanks for reminding me, Meatwad. Indeed, I also do not understand why music must be added during play, when no other sports league seems to be in need of this boost to excitement level. Only in the NBA...

And with that, I'm done talking about the NBA until the draft in June. Or until I feel like it again. Hey, things are pretty free-form around here.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this the chris west that scored 2 points in 2 games against elmbrook maroon in 8th grade 1992

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm that guy, but given how good Elmbrook Maroon was in 1992, I would have to dispute that I scored quite that many points. Maybe I got lucky on one shot, though.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 free throws even more unlikely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares