Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Questioning My Fandom

Well, it wasn't a big basketball night in the household. After a long day of work, however, I did return home to find Missouri up on Kansas by a handful of points, which was a bit of a shocker. I watched the game for a bit, but I did keep in mind one of the few things that I'm certain of in college basketball: in the end, Missouri will disappoint everyone. Indeed, once Kansas started to take control in the second half, I knew how things were going to end up, and began flipping back and forth between the game and a movie by the name of "Model Behavior" on the Disney Channel. I like watching the Jayhawks quite a bit, but some nights you just want to sit down, relax, and watch a movie about the hijinx that ensues when a teen supermodel and a look-alike regular teen girl switch lives for two weeks. I think everyone learned a valuable lesson in the end. And who can deny a movie featuring both Kathie Lee Gifford AND Justin Timberlake in supporting roles?

So tonight the plan is to take in some high school ball, and come back to catch the Michigan State-Illinois game which I will be recording. Things should go as planned, unless the Disney Channel's showing something good when I get home from the game, which apparently is a distinct possibility.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

West - Just thought you may be interested in the fact that UWM has another player. A 6'10" kid who played at Cleveland State last year. He isn't eligible until 2nd semester of next year though. 3 years of eligibility remaining. I think he is now the 37th player on the UWM roster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares