Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Plea For Help

I’m taking another random day off today, since instead of my usual hoops-related activities, I went out with some friends for a rare evening that didn’t involve us watching basketball (though we did, of course, talk a lot about basketball). I probably should have gone to the UWM vs. Detroit game, but what can I say–I’m slipping in my old age. I did at least catch the Milwaukee King-Milwaukee Vincent post-game show, but that’s hardly worthy of comment.

Of course, wouldn’t you know that on a day where I’m offering nothing to the ten or so of you who read this thing every day, I’ve got to ask for reader assistance. Here’s the deal–because the Marquette-Notre Dame game is on ESPNU, which is delivered to roughly 14 households nationwide (which contrary to popular belief, actually makes me happy that cable companies aren’t allowing themselves to be further bullied by ESPN), none of my Marquette-friendly friends and I have access to the game in our homes. Thus, I’m looking for suggestions of Milwaukee area bars that have access (likely by way of satellite dish) to ESPNU. Comment below or drop me an email if you know of one. Free pitcher of beer (or plate of nachos if you’re underage or a staunch supporter of the temperance movement) on me to the first person who comes up with a suggestion that my friends and I use, assuming that you end up at the bar for the game, as well.

And yes, I realize that by watching this game I’m only making ESPNU stronger and undermining the cable companies' noble efforts to fend off the mighty ESPN’s extortion efforts. I guess what it comes down to is that at my core, I’m pretty much just a weak-willed person. Such is life, I guess.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger dl004d said...

I'm not a huge fan of the ESPN empire either, but what's wrong with ESPNU? It's another channel that shows games -- isn't that a good thing?

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help with where to go for ESPNU, but I'm in Fort Wayne and it seems like there are times when it is hard enough to get bars to go to ESPN2.
But, with nothing from last night, I do have to put in a word for the Dayton Flyers defeating the Xavier Musketeers at the UD Arena last night. Nice job boys. NIT, here we come!

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Annex will definitely have the game (16th and Wells)-- it's not a bad bar, though people badmouth it.

Cheap, cheap beer.

Miller Time Pub in the Hilton will also be playing the game.

Pretty much any bar with DirecTV will have it.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Corner....$12.50 all you can drink miller lite/bud light and all you can eat food. You can go wrong. Plus the game is on a HUGE tv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares