Thursday, April 01, 2010

UNC NIT Questions

If North Carolina wins the NIT tonight, do they have a championship banner made? And if so, where do they hang it? I've had the opportunity to visit the University of North Carolina Basketball Museum a few months back, and I can definitely tell you that I didn't see a lot of references to the NIT there. Is there a banner hanging in the Smith Center for the Heels' 1971 NIT championship, when an NIT championship had a much different meaning? Would hanging a 2010 banner next to 1971 banner (if such a banner exists) lend any legitimacy to the exceedingly minor accomplishments of the 2010 North Carolina team?

These are the things that I think about during my down time.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Iriwn R. Fletcher said...

I believe Ice Man had the best advice...

"The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room."

I'm sure they can find a spot in the ladies room at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares