Friday, December 17, 2010

Nothing To See Here...

I was excited to have last night totally free and available for watching some basketball. That is, until I saw what my options were. None of the local division one teams were playing, so that was out. High school games are a Tuesday and Friday night affair, so I knew I wasn't going to find myself in a high school gym. With those options out of the way, I made a cursory check of the schedules of the local division three teams and what they were doing, which turned out to be nothing. In my desperate last move, I checked the television schedule and found out that I officially had two options: a) a high school game between two national powerhouse high schools that I knew nothing about on ESPN, and the Northwestern-American game on the Big Ten Network.

While I love basketball, I feel that my free time is too valuable to waste on high school players (no matter how phenomenal) that I know nothing about, or the Northwestern Wildcats. So I did what anyone in my situation would do--I cleaned my basement instead.

Here's looking forward to finals being over soon so that our nation's colleges and universities can get back to playing basketball. In the meantime, I'll be back on Monday with thoughts from whatever game(s) I happen to make it to this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares