Monday, January 03, 2005

Five Random Thoughts

1. On Saturday afternoon, I think ESPN was conspiring to keep me from showering and putting on a pair of pants. I see no other reason why they would follow the Wisconsin football team playing in the Outback Bowl with Georgia Tech playing at Kansas. Who actually leaves their house when things like this are on?

2. Wisconsin beat Alabama. I saw the game. I loved the game. I will not comment on the game, since it's a bit too late to do so now. Plus, I wasn't in a real analytical mood. I just knew that I liked it when Mike Wilkinson opened the game with 7 points, after being critisized last year for being one of Wisconsin's unathletic front-line players. That is officially two really nice non-conference wins for the Badgers, though. Let's hope for a big conference season.

3. Bowling on Thursday night kept me from seeing the finals of the Milwaukee Tech holiday tournament, with Tech vs. Waukesha North. On the upside, though, I doubled my score of 72 from two weeks ago in my first game of the night, and my team has officially drank all of the Das Komet (a vanilla/butterscotch shot)that the bowling alley had been trying to get rid of for years.

4. Okay, it’s not related to basketball in any way, but it needs to be mentioned. On Friday night, before heading out for New Year’s Eve, I flipped on the Fox Sports channel, only to encounter a little even called “The Rock, Paper, Scissors International World Championships.” Aside from the fact that they probably didn’t need to use both the words “international” and “world” in the title, as one of them would have been just fine, this had to be the dumbest event that I’ve ever seen get television time. And I’m still kicking myself for not thinking of it first.

5. Last night I didn’t get to see the Duke-Virginia game that was promoted on Fox Sports all day. Why? I can’t say for sure, but my best guess is that the Bucks-Mavericks game pre-empted it on my cable provider. I’ll still never understand why anyone would have more interest in fake basketball than the real thing. And I haven’t looked at the paper, but let me take a wild guess and say that the Bucks lost. My apologies to Terry Porter if this is incorrect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares