Friday, March 03, 2006

The Cultural Elites Take Notice

As a quick addendum to today's notes, stop by and check out this entertaining piece in today's New York Times on J.J. Redick and Adam Morrison. I'm quoted in the piece, marking the first and only time that a legitimate media source (other than ESPN's Kyle Whelliston) has referred to something that I've said on the blog. I figure that the New York Times isn't a bad place to get my first media reference, though. Now if I could just figure out how to get some college basketball quotes into The Economist and The Financial Times, I'd be set. I figure I can't go low brow after being quoted by the New York Times.

And Mr. Morrison, don't be afraid of me--I don't really want to hurt you.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I better start preparing my "I knew Chris West when..." stories. Most of them would involve tailgates and Tito. I can't wait to cash in.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of that article, JJ's a little bitch. Complaining about fans taunting him when Duke's fans are know for being some of the most ruthless in the NCAA? Give me a break. Morrison's outlook on the whole situation was a breath of fresh air, though.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If punching him in the month doesn't work, give him a boot to the head!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Adler said...

Congratulations, Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares