Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wait, There's More Basketball...

I feel like less of a man this morning. Last night I watched the second half of the NCAA women's basketball championship game.

Maybe it was because I needed something to watch with the men's basketball season over. Maybe it was because I was intrigued that Duke power forward Mistie Williams played her high school ball in Wisconsin. Maybe it was because I have an inexplicable crush on Doris Burke, which even I fail to completely understand the reasoning behind. And maybe it was just because I'm incabable of turning off any close game (particularly one where it goes into overtime, and the commentators use the words "free basketball" to describe what is ensuing). But I watched the second half, and enjoyed every second of what I saw. Any excitement that was lacking in the men's Final Four was clearly present in Maryland's overtime, come from behind win. I'd watch a game like that any day of the week.

Now I just have to spend the rest of the offseason worrying that I'm going soft.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, you're just learning what I've known for years... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares