Friday, November 10, 2006

Closed For The Weekend

I’m heading down in Iowa City to take in the Wisconsin-Iowa football game with some friends, so I won’t be able to provide details on the ridiculous number of basketball games going on in my usual locales this weekend. Yeah, I know, I’m really dropping the ball by missing the opening weekend for all of the state's division one teams (not to mention the appearance of Tony Bennett and his Washington State team at the MECCA), but I was bound to slip up sometime. (This won’t be the last time that I miss a big event this year, either, since my holiday travel plans will severely limit my ability to get to holiday tournaments.).

Don’t worry, though–I’m not choosing football over basketball. This weekend I’m simply choosing Iowa City over basketball. If you don’t understand why, then you’ve obviously never been on the streets of Iowa City at 1:30am to enjoy a grilled cheese prepared by a street vendor. That town gets a big thumbs-up from me.

Back next week with more of my inane hoops banter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares