Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And So It Begins...

Today has all the markings of an important date. The Big Ten Wonk is back from his offseason hiatus. Based on the banter on the Wishoops.net message boards, there’s a reasonable chance that when I return home from work today I’ll find a copy of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook in my mailbox. UWM’s playing its first exhibition game of the season vs. UW-Parkside. Heck, it’s even the first day of a new month, making it a very clean day to begin something big. This can only mean one thing.

Basketball season is back on.

And with that, it’s time to get the wheels turning again here at the blog. Unlike last year, I have no grand season kick-off planned. I’m pushing my big season preview by the wayside this year for several reasons. In short, I have a lot more fun with the game recaps throughout the year, those game recaps take a lot less effort, and having made a foray into the wonderful world of home ownership this year, my time is at a bit more of a premium. All that said, I’ve got a thing or two in the works to fill the days as we wait for games over the next week or two. So be on your toes. I’m not back to daily status yet, but things are about to get a bit more furious around here.

Back tomorrow to talk about the UWM opener. I haven’t figured out yet if I’m going to be at the Mecca watching the game, or listening to the venerable Bill Johnson, UWM’s play-by-play man, as I enter the third day of trying to take down an unattractive ceiling fan that seems to be welded to my bedroom ceiling. Either way, I’m looking forward to 7pm tonight.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

West - I don't think I will be able to make the UWM game tonight, but I am curious about the UWM forwards. Let me know if they have any big guys that can play. -Curl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares