Thursday, September 07, 2006

Subconscious Design

On rare occasions, your subconscious can reveal itself to you in ways that you would have never expected. I had a moment like that last evening. While painting the living room of my new abode, my brother (whose assistance last evening was tremendously valuable) noted shortly after we began painting that the color I was using on the room was very similar to that of a standard basketball. Strangely, that thought had not entered my head a single time when I was choosing my colors. Nonetheless, games viewed in my living room this upcoming season will now allow me and my guests to indulge in the fantasy that we're actually watching the game from inside of a big basketball. Not a bad result, considering that I was just trying to find a color to properly compliment my end tables.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to paint my guest bedroom in the colors of the ABA ball...

3 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures???? Jonathan showed me your site and since I was a little part of the process - I want to see pictures! Emily M.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Drop me an email (my address should be off to the right side) and I'll send some photos your way. I'll need to find my camera first, of course, but given that the moving clutter is pretty much gone, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I got some awesome things at an art show this weekend, so things are really starting to come together.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It occurs to me that the hues in your lounge are also somewhat along the lines of basketball colors. Maybe, subconsciusly, this is what attracted you to the house! Happy painting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares