Friday, December 01, 2006

Nothing to Report

Milwaukee's under attack from massive amounts of snow this morning. They say it's the first full-on blizzard since 1999, a blizzard which I have distinct memories of. Up to 13 inches of snow has been predicted, though I had been doubting that prediction, since the local news tends to over-sell the drama of snowstorms this time of year. I wasn't quite sure what modern newspeople would do if there was ever real commuting chaos caused by snow. Well, now I know. This morning I woke up to the sounds of some sort of official on my clock radio issuing a warning that people should stay off the roads if they don't want to risk a fatal accident. So apparently we're in the middle of a death storm. Somehow, I persevered and made it to work today.

The basketball-related point of that last paragraph? There was none, really. I was just trying to put off the inevitable news that I took the night off from basketball last evening, despite actually being able to find the Gonzaga-Portland State game deep in my channel lineup. Yeah, I dropped the ball there. But I should be back on track tonight as I'm heading down to Marquette's Blue & Gold Classic at the Bradley Center. Assuming, of course, that I can thwart the evil plans of the snow, which I suspect by 3pm the local news will be reporting is forming together in an attempt to take over the city government.

Back Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Portland State basketball... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares