Thursday, March 24, 2005

Official UWM-Illinois Prediction

I wasn’t going to write anything today, but as game time approaches and I gain excitement, I feel the need to end my self-imposed silence. So, I’m going to give you my official UWM-Illinois prediction. First, some analysis. As I’ve noted, if UWM gets a hot hand from 3-point range, they are always tough. If they’re not on fire, lots of what they do is taken away, and they will crash and burn. So, this is either going to be a major challenge for Illinois, or an absolute blowout (with tons of points going to the guy that always gets so far behind the UWM press that you never even see him on TV broadcasts). With that in mind, I present you with my two-part prediction:

1) At the end of the game, the teams will either be within 6 points of one another, or Illinois will win by 24 or more points. There is no middle ground. If neither of these things happen and this is, say, a pedestrian 14-point win for the Illini, I will publically proclaim myself to be an ass either tonight or tomorrow prior to the much anticipated Battle of the Homers.

2) I still hate the matchup, but logic has never proved to be a barrier for me, and I’m swept up in the Milwaukee love-fest that is Panther fever. Thus, I’m predicting that of my two guaranteed scenarios, the former, a game within 6-points, will be the actual outcome. And the Illini will win. There will be no public proclamations on this point, unless I’m correct.
See you after the game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares