Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Overtime Debacle

So I did make it down to the Marquette-Idaho State debacle last evening. However, after an overtime game, and a post-game meeting with friends for reflection on the game, it got to be a bit to late for me to finish my usual recap. So it will be up tonight. In the meantime, here are the basics that you need to know:

--After the Marquette-Idaho State game and the Wisconsin-Mercer game, it's official: no one in the state of Wisconsin knows how to shoot free throws.

--After Dominic James made an early three-pointer, I commented to one of my friends that if Marquette could keep making outside shots like that, they'd be killing people all year long. Then Marquette went on to one of the worst shooting spectacles that I've ever seen. So much for that theory.

--Marquette's rebounding and turnover numbers were fine throughout the game, but their shooting percentage was awful. Normally I forgive a team for having an off shooting night, but this was no normal bad night for Marquette. Lots of bad shots went up last night, but more troubling was the fact that very few players looked confident shooting the ball. This wasn't a matter of just having a few shots rim out--guys were tossing up long-range air balls and horrifically tentative layups.

Back tonight with more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares